This collection contains a journal kept by Loren Marsh Page (1811-1886), an early resident of Grand Rapids, Michigan. He and his wife, Jane, ran a boarding house at the southwest corner of Pearl and Justice Street (now Ottawa). Page later lived in the Creston neighborhood and was active in local government. In addition to a small chair making business, Page ran a house painting, glazing and paper-hanging business for fifty years.
View the full collection inventory here.
The journal was donated to the library in 2017 by Michael J. Page and his wife Lucia on behalf of the children of John L. Page and Leona D. Wagner: Kathleen, John, Susan, Gary, Ronald, Patricia, Barbara, Michael, Mary Beth, Joann.