Shepard house
Shepard house

Shepard house

Photograph

Description
Dr. Charles Shepard was the second physician in Grand Rapids (Dr. Stephen A. Wilson being the first), and also operated the first drug store. The house was built in 1843 and torn down in 1890. Ca. 1880. His home is listed in the 1859/60 City Directory as being on the east side of Justice between Fountain and Pearl. Justice later became Ottawa Ave.
Dates:
1880 (Created)
Subject Headings (TGM)
Language:
English
File Identifier:
18-1-7.71.1821
Source:
George E. Fitch photographs collection (Coll. 018) - Grand Rapids History Center
Rights:
Public domain

Part of digital collection:
George E. Fitch photograph collection
Related place
Grand Rapids (depicts)
Related address information
Street address: