Fosters hardware, 1865
View of Foster & Metcalf Hardware store on Monroe Avenue. Horse-drawn wagons are in front. Several people in front of the store. This is the southern most of the four buildings that stood in Campau Square, "Grab Corners". The store is listed in 1859/60 City Directory as being at "the foot of Monroe". At this time Monroe ran from the intersection of Fulton and Sheldon NE to the intersection of Pearl Street.
Source:George E. Fitch photographs collection (Coll. 018)
- Grand Rapids History Center
Part of digital collection:
George E. Fitch photograph collection
(is depicted by)
Related address information