Grand Rapids view, 1880
View from Bridge Street hill. Sand pile visible on left later became Butterworth Hospital. Two lower islands are visible in the distance. Bridge Street was later renamed Michigan Street on the east side of the river and remained Bridge Street on the west side of the river.
Source:George E. Fitch photographs collection (Coll. 018)
- Grand Rapids History Center
Part of digital collection:
George E. Fitch photograph collection
Related address information