St. Adalbert's Church
St. Adalbert's Church

St. Adalbert's Church

Photograph

Description
St. Adelbert's Polish Catholic Church corner Davis and Fourth. Front view of brick church building with center peak, flanked by two towers. The center section contains three stonework arches at the main entrance, with wide steps leading up. Above the arches is a rose window, topped by a peaked roof with a cross at the center. The twin towers are square, with three graduated arched windows on the first level, one arched window on the second level. The third level of the towers is a recessed dome, with pillars in the four corners, and the top level is open pillars with a domed roof, pillared finial, and small cross on top. Part of the large dome can be seen, mostly obscured by the tower on the right. A brick two-story residence obscures the lower level of the left hand tower, with its portico supported by brick pillars. Several pedestrians can be seen on the sidewalks, but the street is empty of vehicles.
Dates:
1930 (Created)
File Identifier:
43-1-3.119
Source:
Morris photograph collection (Coll. 043) - Grand Rapids History & Special Collections Department
Rights:
Copyright undetermined

Part of digital collection:
Morris photograph collection