West Side Ladies Literary Club House
West Side Ladies Literary Club House

West Side Ladies Literary Club House

Photograph

Description
West Side Ladies Literary Club House at 518 Scribner St. N.W. Originalyl Fire Station No. 3. Front view of a narrow Victorian two story white brick building, with very high windows on the 2nd level. The double front entrance is surmounted by an elaborate arch, with raised decorative molding. The outer arch motif is repeated over each of the windows, of which there is one on either side of the entrance and three on the second level. The central window on the 2nd level is almost as wide as the entrance below it. Above this window is a black painted decorative molding, and above that is a raised arched roofline. The roof elements above the smaller windows are flat, and lower than the central roof. Parts of the adjacent unidentified buildings can be seen on either side of the house, and a small lawn in front.
Dates:
1927 (Created)
File Identifier:
43-1-3.133
Source:
Morris photograph collection (Coll. 043) - Grand Rapids History & Special Collections Department
Rights:
Copyright undetermined

Part of digital collection:
Morris photograph collection
Related address information
Street address: 518 Scribner Ave NW Grand Rapids MI