The image shows huge piping, attached on one end to a barrel shaped object and on the other to a rectangular object. Installed by Berkey & Gay Company in 1930 to eliminate the dust problem in the neighborhood as described in a news article in the Grand Rapids Herald, January 12, 1930. Clipping is pasted on the back of the photo.
Source:Morris photograph collection (Coll. 043)
- Grand Rapids History & Special Collections Department
Part of digital collection:
Morris photograph collection