Butterworth Hospital Cornerstone Laying
Bishop Edward D. Kelly lays the cornerstone of the new Butterworth hospital. A large, oblong, white stone reading “1876-1924” is set into a partially completed brick wall. The winching chain is still attached at the top of the stone and leads upward to the edge of the photo. A man in a dark suit stands in profile view to the right of the stone, looking down at it.
Source:Morris photograph collection (Coll. 043)
- Grand Rapids History Center
Part of digital collection:
Morris photograph collection
(is depicted by)
Related address information