Fulton at Lake Drive View
The "electric policeman" installed in 1930 on Fulton St. The view looks east, at the intersection of Fulton and Lake Drive. Hanging above the intersection are two new traffic signals marked “Straight” and “Right”. Each light has 3 lamps, arranged horizontally. Route signs on the utility poles identify Fulton as M-37 (Hastings) and M-21 (Ionia) and Lake Drive as US-16 & M-50. A stationary vehicle is stopped on Lake Drive. Streetcar tracks in the brick pavement can be seen running down Fulton.
Source:Morris photograph collection (Coll. 043)
- Grand Rapids History & Special Collections Department
Part of digital collection:
Morris photograph collection